Friday, September 5, 2008

Diagnosing pulseaudio problems

From a post on fedora-devel by Lennart Poettering, PulseAudio maintainer and developer, a recipe to diagnose PA problems:

On Sat, 30.08.08 14:58, Ahmed Kamal wrote:

> Hi,
> This is probably a bug. My laptop luckily suspends to disk and wakes up
> fine. However, after waking up there is no sound. I found pulseaudio not
> running. I started it manually and sound was there again. However, a second
> suspend/wakeup, and pulseaudio is still running, however there is no audio
> output too! Let me know if I need to run some experiments to get this fixed

This usually means that the driver is not following the ALSA
suspend/resume protocol correctly.

Please terminate PA by running "pulseaudio -k". Then, start pa in a
terminal via "pulseaudio -vvvv". Then suspend/resume, paste the output
of PA in that terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment